Recreation Around Sooke
Whatever your age, athletic ability or recreational interest, Sooke offers a long list of activities to feed your adventurous spirit and satisfy your curiosity.
The Sooke region, including East Sooke, Jordan River and Port Renfrew, is a hiker's paradise, known for its extraordinary parks, trails and beaches. If you’re looking for an intense but exhilarating multi-day hike, Port Renfrew features two of the most popular trails in Canada, the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail and the West Coast Trail. You can explore kilometres of hiking and walking trails within the many well preserved provincial and regional parks.
The Galloping Goose trail gives adventurers the choice to walk or cycle along southern Vancouver Island's dramatic, windswept coastline, while East Sooke Park offers family-friendly footpaths to challenging rocky trails; this wilderness reserve offers trails suitable for everyone.
For those looking for an underwater adventure, the crystal clear waters of the Sooke Basin makes for a diving wonderland with all forms of underwater sea life.
Or if you just want to be amazed, visit Botanical Beach to experience the West Coast’s raw marine wilderness – you might even see Grey Whales feeding less than 50 feet from the rocky shoreline.
However you like to spend your time, Sooke, British Columbia has something for everyone.
- Find out why Sooke Potholes are unlike any pothole you’ve ever experienced.
- Hang 10 at Sombrio Beach or windsurf at Gordon's Beach.
- Book a sunset harbour cruise and enjoy the shoreline from a different viewpoint.
- Dive to the depths of the Pacific Ocean to explore the "Barnard Castle" shipwreck or visit the Race Rocks Underwater Marine Park to spy on a variety of marine plants and animals.
- Take to open water to observe Orcas, Humpback and Grey whales, Elephant Seals and other marine life in their natural habitat.
- Rent a kayak and tour the Sooke basin, which expands into the open waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- Feel your adrenaline race as you soar up to 60km/hr through coastal rainforest treetops on a secured zipline.
Explore the Discover Sooke website, and discover what lies await for you in Sooke!
If your business is relevant to DiscoverSooke.com and it isn't currently listed, please send us an email at info at discoversooke.com.
Or, download our Media Kit for more information about the ways we can help you further promote your business to visitors, residents and other businesses.
Discover Sooke is not responsible for errors, omissions or mistakes. If you see an incorrect listing, please email concerns to info at discoversooke.com